Addiction is a word most associated with alcohol and drug dependence, but I think it is time it was applied to computer games. When sellers and makers of video/computer games talk about their inventions, they refer to them as addictive and most times we think nothing of it. It is fun, innocent fun and for many a harried parent it is the answer to at least an hour of quiet. Read the rest of this entry »
I was honestly amazed and rather pleasantly surprised when I discovered that the first television reality show was not an invention of the 1990s but rather quite an old one! We did not discover reality television after all, we are just the generation that tolerates it better than our predecessors. Read the rest of this entry »
Most talked about ..
Being Ugandan, I like knowing what is happening in the country, to keep abreast with everything. Anyway to help others also in my position, I’ll be posting the top 10 most talked about things in the country, on any given day .. sort of a weekly (sometimes daily) update of what you should know happened, is going to happen or might happen based on recent or future events.
This is my first list ( for the first week of June 2013)
1. Media siege (KFM, Dembe FM, Daily Monitor and Red Pepper – reopen after being closed last week
2. General Tinyefuza aka Sejusa seeking asylum in the United Kingdom
3. Corruption in the Prime minister’s office – Kazinda (donors warn Ugandan on misuse of funds
4. Uganda’s Denzel evicted from Big Brother house
5. Bad Black wanted by Interpol
6. Iryn Namubiru’s arrest and release while she was in Japan ( her side of the story)
7. FUFA news – Uganda beat 3 nil by Libya under new coach Micho
8. Promotion of IGP to General ( Kale Kayihura)
9. Uganda Martyrs day – celebrations
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
Barely a day into his election as Pope, and already saying Pope Francis is as easy as if I have been saying it for years. As a Catholic I am thrilled we have a new pope, but my enjoyment of the momentous decision is infringed upon by all these ‘theories’ that just have to be put out there.
The Oxford Dictionary informally defines a maniac as someone who is an obsessive enthusiast, a definition I am in complete agreement with, when we are talking about cellphones. If I were dramatic – and I am not – I would declare that we live in the age of maniacs!
I’ll be the first to admit that I cannot go a day without my phone, I would be lost, and that is the honest to God truth. But I also know that I can go for hours without fiddling with it, my issue is about knowing it is there! Read the rest of this entry »